Do You Need An Annulment?
At The Rose Law Firm, LLC, we help clients who are seeking an annulment of marriage. If you have questions about annulments, or if you wish to schedule a free consultation with one of our family law attorneys in Birmingham, please complete this online contact form.
What Is An Annulment?
While a divorce legally ends a marriage, an annulment is a bit different. Once an annulment is completed, it is as though a marriage never existed. Through an annulment, the marriage is determined to have never been valid.
There are specific circumstances under which a marriage can be annulled in Alabama. A few of these grounds for annulment include:
- Pregnancy by another man at the time of the marriage
- Failure to cohabitate during marriage
- Failure to consummate the marriage
- Marriage to a family member (incest)
- One of the spouses was under the age of 14 at the time of the marriage
- One of the spouses had (and concealed) a sexually transmitted disease at the time of the marriage
There are other grounds for annulment. Contact us to find out what option is right for you.
Annulment Or Divorce?
If you’re seeking an annulment in Alabama, you should talk to a lawyer to get started. If you are trying to determine if a divorce or an annulment is right for you, you should also talk to an attorney. This is an important decision that could affect you and your family for years to come.
Free Consultation: Learn More About Your Annulment Options
A free consultation is offered to all new clients. Schedule yours by calling our law office at 205-208-7560.